2024 Optica Spring Congressional Visits Day
You must be logged in to see the apply button.
Help make a difference!
Join Optica for Congressional Visits Day taking place in Washington, DC on 19-20 March 2024.
U.S. Congressional Representatives need to hear from the scientists and engineers who live or work in the districts they represent. Constituent opinions matter!
Congressional Visits Day is a great opportunity to advocate for optics and photonics to your members of Congress and their staff and to help build relationships with the offices. These meetings will focus on R&D funding, expanding the Congressional Optics & Photonics Caucus, and other legislation relevant to optics and photonics. The specific topics for the visits will be sent to participants closer to the dates of the visits.
Optica staff will arrange your Congressional meetings. Participants will be grouped into teams with other attendees and accompanied by Optica staff or other experienced advocates.
All Congressional Visits Day participants must attend the in-person training session in Washington, DC. The mandatory training session will take place on 19 March from 13:00-17:00 EDT. Please note, you MUST attend the training session to participate in Congressional meetings on 20 March.
- You or your company must have an active Optica membership at the time of your signup.
- Participants must live or work in the United States to participate.
Please Read Before Signing Up
- Attendance at the in-person training session on 19 March from 13:00-17:00 in Washington, DC is mandatory for participants.
- Participants are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel, lodging, and food.
- Meetings will be scheduled for 20 March based on the availability of the Congressional offices.
- Once you sign up and receive a confirmation email from Optica staff, the staff will begin reaching out to the offices of your Congressional Representatives to request meetings.
- If you sign up and are no longer able to participate, you MUST email Brandy Dillingham at email@example.com as soon as possible so that she may cancel any meetings made on your behalf.
19 March: 13:00-17:00 EDT Mandatory In-Person Training Session and Public Policy Programming
19 March: 17:00-19:00 EDT Networking Happy Hour
20 March: 08:00-17:00 EDT Congressional Visits Day in Washington, DC
If you have questions, please contact Optica staff at publicpolicyRSVP@optica.org
The deadline to register is 8 March, however, space is limited. If capacity has been reached before the registration deadline, registration will be closed early.
After you sign up, you will receive an email from Optica staff within a few days confirming receipt of your sign up and providing additional information. If you do sign up and are no longer able to participate, please email Brandy Dillingham at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that she may cancel any meetings made on your behalf.